Sunday, March 9, 2008


I know that I am only 22, and the audience that this website is directed towards is not me; but the concept of this website and the five founding woman that are brave enough to step out of their comfort zone's and continue to engage in new media and push past that glass ceiling are individuals I eventually hope and aspire to be.

An article in the NY Times called Boldface in the Cyberspace: A Woman's Domain is about five woman who have set out to develop a website directed toward woman that engage in deeper and more intimate versions of the “hot topics” segment of the television gabfest “The View." wowowow.com, which was scheduled to launch yesterday. Is a website directed to woman "that weren't born yesterday, who are in their prime, who are involved in the world and have a bent for changing it as much as living in it. Women who want a place to look at issues in a new way, or gossip a little, or learn more about each other, or ponder how to make the world better. Women who live varied lives, as we do."

The five founders, Lesley Stahl, Joni Evans, Liz Smith, Mary Wells and Peggy Noonan have spent years gabbing about their lives and are now directing the conversation to the public. With the help with a few other well-known friends, they hope to generate conversation and interact with the woman online.

The article in the NY times was inspiring and I look forward to seeing what their years of knowledge and experience can add to my life. I saw a glimpse into my future with this article and I hope someday I can be in their shoes, giving back to those around me.

*Picture by Joe Fornabaio for The New York Times

No comments: